Emily Dickinson’s view on death? | tharsson
Choose one and begin your research
Ralph Francis Bess, age 84, of Norvelt, Pa., died Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at home. He was born March 26, 1928 in River Rouge, Michigan son of Harry A. Bess and Cecelia Drouillard Bess, the prettiest girl in river Rouge! He was a Detroit policeman for 10 years; owner of R.F. Bess Insurance Agency in Detroit, moved to Marshall, Michigan, opened insurance agency in Battle Creek; Video Production House; Pottery Norvelt Clay Works. His accomplishments also include the arts: painting, stained glass, pottery. Ralph was a man of many talents, a sailor, and a pilot. He was a veteran who served in United States Army and United States Air Force. Surviving are his first wife, Delphine Montie; his wife, Janet Wadsworth Wedly Bess; a brother, Patrick Bess and wife Patricia, Grosse Ile, Michigan; children: Kevin Bess, Battle Creek, Michigan, Brian Bess and wife Amy of Laingsburg, Michigan, Catherine Evans and husband Todd, Patricia Kieper, Ralph Bess, Jerry Bess all of Marshall, Michigan, Vickie Groce and husband Brian, Battle Creek, Michigan, Brenda Mowrey and husband Robert of Hopwood, Pa., Patricia Coan and husband Chris of Emeryville, California, Linda Waidelich of Battle Creek, Michigan and Michael Wedl of Uniontown, Pa.; 18 Grandchildren and 10 Great Grandchildren; and special cousin, Mary Jo Braesoker and family, Woodhaven, Michigan. Preceded in death by sister, Faye C. Bess; and his parents. Per his request, there will be no viewing. A Memorial Celebration of Life will be held at a later date. Inurnment will be in The National Cemetery of the Alleghenies, Bridgeville, Pa. Memorial contributions suggested to: Mount Pleasant Library, a library of your choice, the Salvation Army, or take a loved one to dinner. Arrangements: BURHANS-CROUSE FUNERAL HOME, 28 Connellsville Street, Dunbar, PA 15431
Emily Dickinson | EMILY DICKINSON IN POLISH — CC 4.0.
We will NEVER sell, rent, loan, or abuse your email address in ANY way.Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
- From a headstone in Ireland When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
-Khalil GibranThose we love don't go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.
- AnonymousDeath is the veil which those who live call life;
They sleep, and it is lifted.
- Percy Bysshe ShelleyA man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own.
- Thomas Mann Dying is a wild night and a new road.
-Emily Dickinson Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.
- Lao Tzu Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
- Rabindranath Tagore It is not death or pain that is to be dreaded, but the fear of pain or death.
- Epictetus There is no death, only a change of worlds.
- Chief SeattleThe moment you start seeing life as non-serious, a playfulness, all the burden on your heart disappears.