Balenciaga | Luxury Designer Fashion for Women & Men
Balenciaga (@balenciaga) • Instagram photos and videos
- Balenciaga was viewed as a master of haute couture in the 1950s and 1960s for his simple highly sculptural designs.
-He closed his house in 1968 in order to retire.
- He would teach fashion classes and inspire designers such as Hubert Givenchy and Oscar De La Renta.
- His house would see a revival in the 2000s under the direction of Nicolas Ghesquiere.
Balenciaga news and features | British Vogue
- In 1955 Balenciaga designed his famous tunic dress which would transform into the chemise dress.
- In 1959 Balenciaga designed Empire dresses with very high waists and his Kimono dresses.